Here's a (very much so abridged) list of my favorite books and blogs.
· Introduction to the Theory of Computation. M. Sipser.
· Computational Complexity: A Modern Approach. S. Arora and B. Barak.
· Statistical Inference. G. Casella and R. Berger.
· A People's History of the United States. H. Zinn.
· KurzweilAI. R. Kurzweil.
· DemocracyNow. A. Goodman.
· Computational Complexity. L. Fortnow and W. Gasarch.
· How the World Works. N. Chomsky.
· Computers and Intractability. M. Garey and D. Johnson.
· They Need a Voice. H. Knudson.